Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Search for Balance

photo from www.nyipl.org

You may have noticed a theme in my most recent posts. It seems that I am in a constant struggle for balance in my life. For some reason I have yet to figure out, I am only able to concentrate fully on one thing at a time. From about January to June it was my health and getting in better shape. Which was great, except for the fact that I fell completely behind at work. Like noticeably. Like my boss was asking me what was up. This was not good. So this year, I've been putting more time into work. Which means I've almost completely quit exercising. Which means I put in a twelve hour day today. Which means once again I am unable to do more than one thing at a time. Or at least do them both well.

I was hoping that blogging this month would force me to schedule my time a little better and get into a more regular routine, one that is a little more balanced (there's that magic word!) So far, not so much. But November is still young. We'll see how it goes. I still have hope. Although completely unfounded based on past events, I still have hope. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my life worth living! Um, yeah.