Friday, October 24, 2008

Special Delivery

Look at what showed up on my doorstep today:


It's Barack Obama, "An Action Figure We Can Believe In" or so it says on the box. I was a little scared when I first saw the package because it's from Jailbreak Toys. I was afraid I had gotten on a scary mailing list of some kind. This was so perfect though, because I went in today and spent a few hours phone calling for the Obama campaign. I was a little nervous at first, but most people were pretty nice. The worst one was an immediate hang up, before I could even say hello. But I still don't like calling people when they really don't want to talk to me. It was nice when I could just leave a message. Here's the sign I got for helping out.


They are really trying to support the Governor's race because it is so close right now and was last time, too. I don't understand this at all, because, even though I don't love everything about our governor, she's about a million times better than her opponent who is definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Plus, he's named after the pet dinosaur from "The Flintstones."

I am assuming this lovely action figure is from Michelle, especially since I once sent her an Oscar Wilde action figure when she named one of her cats after him. If so, thanks Michelle! If it wasn't her, then please let me know who to thank/blame.

I don't think this particularly looks like Obama. But I like the pointing finger. It reminds me of an Uncle Sam poster (I want YOU for U. S. Army!) Did I just really date myself? Oh well, I'm old and most of you know it, so no big deal.

I signed up to phone call again next week. So if you live in Tacoma, you can expect to hear from me. I think I'll take my action figure in and put it by the phone as I call people. Then I can do bad impressions to leave on their answering machines. "Barack says uhhh...get out there and uhhh...VOTE!" or "Barack says I want YOU to vote for Obama!" I'm sure the phone bank people would just LOVE that. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my life worth living! Um, yeah.