image from www.impaward.com
It's playing at our local second run theater. But I just couldn't bring myself to go out in this windy, cold, pouring-down-rain weather. So instead I'm going to write this and then hit the hay. Yes, it's currently 7:15 pm. I don't care. I'm tired.
So, some random thoughts for the evening. Yes, all my thoughts are random. And your point is...?
1. Sorry to be all weepy on you yesterday. All three of you (Hi Nancy!) don't need to worry about me. I am just having a hard time right now. But everything is cyclical, right? It will get better.
2. If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he wouldn't have made meat taste good. Not that I'm a huge meat eater, but come on...have you ever tasted bacon? If we weren't supposed to eat meat, bacon would not exist. I'm just sayin'....
3. Some of you (like my mom, Hi Mom!) have expressed concern about my posts regarding work. Let me just say that I really do love my job and I love the kids and staff I work with. What I'm not so keen on is the ridiculous amount of time I put into my job. I am constantly stressed and in a state of high adrenaline. This is what keeps me unhappy about going to my job because I know the stress cycle will begin again. I hate the feeling of constantly being behind and up against a deadline. Again, most of this I have created myself. I just don't know how to get out of it.
4. I think I am getting a zit on my chin, right under my lip. Probably from the greasy fast food I've been eating. I hate zits. Wah.
5. I am feeling a distinct gap in my friendships. One of my friends, whom I love dearly, has redefined her priorities lately, and they don't seem to include me. Don't worry, if you're reading this I am not talking about you. This particular friend doesn't read my blog. Case in point. Anyway, most of my friends have busy lives, are married and/or are far away. Not that they don't make time for me, I'm just saying I would LOVE to have a friend who I really connect with who is single and lives close by to do stuff with, or just to hang out with. For example, I would love to go with someone to see Julie and Julia, but I don't see that happening. It's just so much harder to make friends once you are a so called "grown up." When we were in school you got to meet so many different people. Now it's harder to find friends. I know I can, I just need to make the effort. Again, I'm whining about something under my control. But whining is so much easier than changing it!
Alright, I'm done with random thoughts. I will try to post something a little lighter this weekend. I never meant for this blog to be my emotional dumping ground. But unfortunately I have no where else to put my thoughts as of late. Sorry.
Have a wonderful (and dry!) weekend you three! :-)