Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Craftsman

I love old houses. I have distinct memories from childhood of walking around my grandmother's neighborhood in Magnolia (near downtown Seattle) and looking at all the architecture. It wasn't a very well-to-do area, but I was so enamored with the look of the houses which were so different from where I grew up...in 60's and 70's suburbia land.

I know that's one of the things that draws me to North Tacoma. I love the architecture and the style of the houses. I had never seen a Craftsman Bungalow before coming here. This picture is of my dream house:

I love the color, the white picket fence and the full porch with the half railing. I love that it's a one and a half story not a two story. I love the color, I love the manicured yard. I love that the tree by the rail is a lilac, my favorite scent. I love the symmetry of the roof line and the windows. And it has a red door. A GORGEOUS red door with a beautiful arc window.


And if you can see from my fuzzy picture, the main window has leaded windows. I love leaded windows. Shocker, huh? "Is there anything she doesn't love?" you say snarkily. (Yes, I know snarkily isn't a word. It should be.) 


What I don't love is the inside. This house was on the market a year or so ago and I did a walk through. I wish the owners had spent a little more time updating the inside, although I do appreciate the exterior as I go by. Not that I could afford it, updated or otherwise. But I can always dream!

2 comments:

  1. I could totally see you living there! And it is SO much cuter than where I'll be living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you definitely win the scary wallpaper contest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You make my life worth living! Um, yeah.