Saturday, November 22, 2008

Looook!



My pumpkin bread turned out! I brought it with me to my sister's house (where I am spending the weekend) so I wouldn't eat the whole thing by myself. The texture was really nice. More dense than most quick breads, but not too heavy. It was also sweeter than I expected, but not in an overpowering way. I would definitely make this again. My sister gave it two thumbs up, and my brother-in-law gave it four out of five stars. So you officially have my endorsement to make this pumpkin bread. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Back so soon? It was good, right? (If you actually make this let me know what you think.)

I drove down to Portland this afternoon. So much excitement at my sister's house today. I talked her into taking me to the Bare Minerals store at the mall by her house so I could replace some of my make up. I'm sure there must me a store somewhere near my house, but I'm too lazy to find out. So I just wait until I'm in Portland and make Monica take me. I'm so lame. Here's my artistic rendering of my purchases, and the salesperson swirling the brush. Notice the action shot? I think I'm going to quit my day job and become a photographer. Yeah.



Then we went and had dinner at a local brew pub. I chose not to take a picture of my hamburger so as not to embarrass my family. The pictures at the mall were pushing it as it was. We went back to the house, I played with my nieces and nephews, then they got ready for bed. I love helping out with bedtime...I get to pretend I'm a mom for a little while. I read stories and listened to my niece, Madison, sing me songs. We said prayers together and it was really sweet. She said a special prayer for our aunt who is sick. It was a nice moment.

She said she wanted to be on the blog, and her mom okayed it, so here are Madison's cute finger nails, all pink.


And here's Miss Madison. Love you, sweetie.

5 comments:

  1. The bread looks delicious. I can tell from just looking at it that it certainly isn't rubbery! Next time I make pumpkin bread, which is going to be soon, I will be trying your recipe! Like you, I will have to take it to people, so I won't eat the entire thing.

    Being an aunt is the best, I think. You can have all the fun, and when they are tired or grumpy you can hand them back to their parents! No need to deal with difficulties:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Bare Minerals too. Love the stuff and will never use anything else!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan, too. I guess I should stop being so lazy and find a store around here. Plus, every time I drag my sister, she ends up spending more money than I do. Oops! Sorry, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big Bare Minerals fan, too. I even get emails from the company with updates and specials. Last week I got an email announcing they have a new boutique opening at the Tacoma Mall. Will that be close enough for you?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I actually saw the store at the mall when I was there today. I felt kind of dumb since the place is up and running and I apparently didn't have to drag my sister to the Portland one. Oh well, at least I didn't have to pay any sales tax. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You make my life worth living! Um, yeah.