I don't know if you noticed, but I added the names of a few blogs I like to follow off to the right side, a couple of spots down below my pretty Tacoma pictures. Or, I should say other people's pretty Tacoma pictures. One of the blogs I've recently fallen in love with is The Pioneer Woman. It is written by this hysterical woman named Ree Drummond who used to be a city girl and then met the man of her dreams (who she refers to as Marlboro Man...love it!) She moved out to the country and now has four kids. She writes about her everyday life, photography, how she met her hunka-hunka-burnin' love, and the best part, about what she cooks. This woman makes amazing looking food that is simple to prepare. Stuff like this:
and even this...
The best part is that as she shows you the whole process step by step with great photos like these, she writes the funniest stuff to go along with it. For example, before the cinnamon roll recipe she wrote:
A warning. If you follow these instructions and wind up delivering these cinnamon rolls to your friends, be prepared for any of the following to occur:
1. They'll call you after they've taken the first bite and profess their eternal love for every ounce of your body, even your toe jam and love handles.
2. They'll pass out after the first bite, hit their head on the kitchen counter, sustain a concussion, and sue you for damages, despite the fact that the one bite they tasted of your cinnamon roll was the single most profound culinary experience in their miserable little life.
3. They'll call you and ask you for the recipe, saying, "HOW did you make those?"
4. They'll call you and propose marriage.
5. They'll start humping the cinnamon roll pan, get maple frosting all over their pants, and send you the bill for the dry cleaning.
6. Did I just say that?
See, I told you she's funny! Here is a real warning though: Beware the butter! I have never seen anyone use so much butter in their cooking. I'm sure this is a throw back to how women used to cook when their man spent all day roping cows and branding horses and git along little doggie, etc., so they just burned off all these calories. But I think she is single-handedly supporting the butter industry. Go cows...moo!
So now that you're probably really bored with my blog, go on over to The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Just don't do it right before you go to bed, because if you're like me you'll be up until 2:30 a.m. crying over their love story. Or the fact that you can't eat the cinnamon rolls. Either way.