Monday, November 3, 2008

Meow

I would really like to have a cat. Actually, I'm more of a dog person, but I just don't have the time or space a dog deserves. So for a while now, I've been wanting a female, medium haired, black and white, adult cat I could call my own. This is a picture of Opal, the cat I was coveting a while back who was up for adoption at a local animal shelter. Opal has already been adopted. Pretty sad that I've kept the picture of this cute cat I can't have. Because despite some begging, my building has a no pets lease. I've thought about suggesting a ridiculously large pet deposit or just outright bribing my landlord. I may still try these two tactics, as I really like where I live and I hate the moving process. Especially since I've been here for eight years now. (Can you believe it? That seems like such a long time!) I keep saying that at some point I want to buy a house in this area, but I am really overwhelmed by how much of a commitment that is for just me, and the added expenses involved in home ownership. Plus, I love that when something breaks in my apartment I just call the landlord to whine and it gets fixed quickly and for free.

But I think it would be really nice, especially on the lonely days, to have something to love me. Of course, this is a cat we're talking about, so that may be too much to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my life worth living! Um, yeah.