Friday, November 7, 2008

Deep Thoughts...by Jack Handey

When I actually used to stay up to watch Saturday Night Live (this would be back in the early 90's when I was still a spring chicken) I would get so excited when the "Deep Thoughts" segment would come on. This elevator muzak would play over a picture of leaves, or a flowing river or puppies playing. Then this sappy voiceover would say something you thought was going to be inspirational, but actually turned out to be some bizarre, hilarious thought. I found Jack Handey's website recently. So I thought I 'd share a few of my favorite deep thoughts with you.


1. It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

2. Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.

3. If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

4. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

And my all time favorite:

5. If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Get your own favorites with the Deep Thought of the Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my life worth living! Um, yeah.